Why a Late Season Furnace Tune-Up Is Good for Your Air Conditioner Too
You may think that you missed your opportunity to have a furnace tune-up this year. Winter is almost over, and you may be thinking, “What good would it do me now?” Well, the truth is… a lot of good. Your cooling system is usually combined with your central heating system because they share the same ductwork for distributing conditioned air throughout your home. Because your furnace and air conditioner work hand in hand as part of the same system, when you have your furnace tuned-up, your entire system will work better.
The Basic Components of an Air Conditioning System
We know not everyone is an air conditioner or furnace expert (and it’s a good thing because we wouldn’t be in business if they were). So just to help you understand how your air conditioner and furnace work, here’s a little breakdown of the basic components:
- A condensing unit (the outdoor section) and the evaporator coil
- A matching indoor air handler or gas (natural or propane) furnace with coil
- Ductwork to transfer the cooled air throughout the home
When your air conditioner is properly matched with a furnace (sometimes called an air handler because it works with your air conditioner as well), you get maximum efficiency and your system will have a longer life.
A Clean Furnace Is a Happy Furnace
A Herrmann Services furnace tune-up is complete. When we perform a furnace tune-up, we clean and check your blower motor, electrical connections, control boards and more. These parts affect how efficiently your entire system runs. Your air conditioner depends on these parts working properly as much as your furnace does. And when your system is running more efficiently, you’ll save money on energy bills as well. Did you know that 40% of all breakdowns are caused by dirt buildup? Simply having us clean your system will help avoid many problems.
Our Late Season Furnace Tune-Up includes:
- Check the furnace exhaust flue for proper draft.
- Check/adjust furnace for proper gas pressure at the operating valve.
- Check/adjust the heating burners for signs of wear and proper operation.
- Check/adjust thermostat for accurate control of your system.
- Check the furnace filter for dirt and wear.
- Check the furnace blower motor and oil to protect against premature failure.
- Check for any carbon monoxide leakage.
- Check the humidifier for proper operation and to maintain a satisfactory comfort level.
- Check the heat exchanger for cracks.
- Check all mechanical parts for signs of wear.
- Check/adjust the blower belt.
- Check the pilot assembly.
- Check all safety devices for proper operation.
- Check the exhaust blower assembly.
You’ll save even more when you join our Herrmann Services Family Plan Club. You never have to remember to schedule a tune-up and you’ll also get discounts on repairs, priority service, and no emergency trip fees when you have to call after hours for service. Let Herrmann Services take care of your heating and cooling needs.